Present: Commissioners Fre Atlast, Kristina Carr, Dave Hattenbrun, Lisa Jerkowski, Kieran Liggan-Casey, Frank Klepeis, Reta Sorge; Recreation Clerk Dorene Whitaker; Town Board Liason Ernest Klepeis.
The meeting was called to order at 7:15 pm.
1.Old Minutes: R. Sorge moved that the minutes from the meeting of August 19, 2020 be approved. Seconded by L. Jerkowski. All in favor.
2. Sewer repair: D. Whitaker reported that the sewer repair is complete. Cost to the town is $22,000. 3 clean-out pipes now protrude from the road between the Food Pantry and the Rec Center, so a gate has been installed to prevent vehicle access.
3. Generator repair: D. Whitaker reported that the Rec Center building generator repair is complete. Cost to the town is $6,000. Bids are out for a generator for the shower house; cost for this will be covered by funds from New York Rising.
4. Fencing: D. Whitaker reported that fence repair is scheduled for October. This will involve the playground and the ballfield first baseline, next to Route 32.
1.Senior Lunch Program: D. Whitaker reported that the Senior Lunch Program has been drastically reduced. Vincene has been laid off, and frozen foods are being distributed to seniors on Fridays only. The reason for this is unclear; E. Klepeis will investigate.
2. Recent break-in: D. Whitaker reported that recently the Concession stand door was kicked in and the lifeguard station was entered, where keys were taken. No damage was done other than to the entry door. Police continue to investigate.
3. Pavilion repair: D, Whitaker reported that Supervisor Walsh has approved replacement of the damaged siding on the Rec Center side of the Pavilion, along with repair/replacement of the O’Leary memorial sign. Sadly, there has been damage to 2 of the freshly-painted picnic tables, which were apparently gouged with a chisel.
4. Re-painting: D.Whitaker is in the process of re-painting several areas on the grounds of the Rec Center, along with Matt McCluskey of the Youth Program. She was thanked for her hard work in upgrading so many of our facilities during the challenging Covid lockdown.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:55 pm. The next meeting will be October 21 at 7:15 pm.
Kristina Carr, Chair