Present: Commissioners Fre Atlast, Kristina Carr, Kieran Liggan-Casey, Frank Klepeis, Reta Sorge; Recreation Clerk Dorene Whitaker; Town Board Liason Ernest Klepeis.
Excused: Commissioner Lisa Jerkowski.
Absent: Commissioner David Hattenbrun.
The meeting was held via Zoom and was called to order at 7:30 pm.
1. Old Business: R. Sorge moved that the minutes from the meeting of September 16, 2020 be approved. Seconded by F. Klepeis, All in favor.
2. Pavilion siding repair: D. Whitaker reported that replacement of the siding has been delayed by the need for a machine to elevate the workers, and by the need to re-do the signs. Work should resume next week.
3. Fencing: D. Whitaker reported that this work is expected to be done the week of October 26.
4. Senior lunch program: E. Klepeis reported that he has not received any updates on possible resumption of the program, which was managed by Gateway, but that for now there have been significant reductions in state funding to all non-profit groups and their programs.
1. Pool repair: D. Whitaker reports that the person who had intended to submit a proposal to the Town Board to maintain the pool has decided against further involvement. The pool was never opened this year, so no immediate work needs to be done. She will pursue other contractors over the winter months to set up repairs for next spring.
2. Recreation Center rentals: D. Whitaker reports that Supervisor Walsh would like to resume limited rentals of the Rec Center, proposing club meetings first, then other events with no more than 50 attendees. Issues include: mandatory lists of attendees for potential future contact tracing, possible temperature check stations, appropriate cleaning of the facility, enforcement of occupancy limits, and ensuring air quality. D. Whitaker will be available for some of these duties. The group discussed air quality/filtration issues and some possible sources for assistance.
3. Budget: E. Klepeis reported that the preliminary Town Budget for 2021 has maintained Recreation Department funding close to this year’s numbers.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:00 pm.
The next meeting will be November 18 at 7:15 pm.
Kristina Carr, Chair