SECTION 00 11 13
TOWN OF ROSENDALE
ULSTER COUNTY, NEW YORK
WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT IMPROVEMENTS
Sealed, separate Bids for the construction of the Wastewater Treatment Plant Improvements Contract No. 2A, 2B & 2C will be received by Town of Rosendale, at the office of the 1915 Lucas Avenue, Cottekill, New York 12419, until 2:00 p.m. local time on May 27, 2021, at which time the Bids received will be publicly opened and read.
The Project consists of the following improvements to the Town of Rosendale WWTP:
- Demolition of headworks structure, constructing new headworks structure and installation of associated equipment.
- Install three (3) new submersible influent pumps, piping, valves, flowmeter, variable frequency drives and appurtenances.
- Demolition work at the splitter box, increasing height of structure walls, installation of new stairs, grating, handrail, stop plates and V-notch weirs.
- Aeration tank structure partial demolition and construction of new walls, increase height of existing walls, new walkway, stairs, handrails and grating.
- Installation of new fine bubble diffuser grid systems in aeration tanks; aeration, scum, RAS and WAS piping. Installation of slide gates, instruments and sensors.
- Demolition and modification of existing clarifiers and chlorine contact tank.
- Demolition of existing blowers. Construction of new outdoor blower pad, installation of two (2) new blowers, piping, valves and appurtenances.
- Extension of existing sidewalk.
- Demolition of existing sludge pumps, sludge piping. Repair of shed pipe penetrations.
- Construction of new dry well, two (2) new submersible sludge pumps, valves, piping, variable frequency drives and appurtenances.
- Install new circular clarifiers, drive mechanisms, influent and effluent slide gates, scum pump, piping, drains and appurtenances.
- Install new UV disinfection structure, UV disinfection system and appurtenances.
- Install new pressate drain pipe.
- Install new dual contained HDPE chemical piping.
- Install new plant water piping and yard hydrants.
- Demolition of existing sludge holding tank and sludge conditioning tank mixers. Install in each tank new mixers, supports, guide rails, controls, instruments and appurtenances.
- Control Building wall modifications, HVAC, roof, door, window, ceiling, lab and bathroom improvements. Painting of interior concrete slab and wall interior.
- Operations Building HVAC, roof, door, window and ceiling improvements. Painting of interior concrete slab and wall interior.
- Sludge Press Building roof, door and window improvements.
- SCADA control system.
- Start-up and commissioning of new equipment.
Separate Bids will be received for the following schedules of Work:
- No. 2A – General Construction
- No. 2B – Mechanical Construction
- No. 2C – Electrical Construction
Bidders, at their option, may submit a separate and independent Bid for any or all of the separate schedules of work contemplated under this Advertisement for which they are properly licensed to perform. All segments will be awarded separately, per the divisions of Work as described herein. Bid alternates may be included, as deemed in the Owner’s best interest.
The Issuing Office for the Bidding Documents is: Barton & Loguidice, D.P.C., 10 Airline Drive, Suite 200, Albany, New York, 12205-1025. Prospective Bidders may obtain copies of the Bidding Documents from the Issuing Office as described below.
Bidding Documents may be viewed and ordered online by registering with the Issuing Office at www.bartonandloguidiceplanroom.com. Following registration, complete sets of Bidding Documents may be downloaded from the Issuing Office’s website as “zipped” portable document format (PDF) files for a nonrefundable fee of $49. The date that the Bidding Documents are downloaded will be considered the Bidder’s date of receipt of the Bidding Documents. Partial sets of the Bidding Documents will not be available from the Issuing Office.
Each Bid must be submitted on the prescribed Bid Form and accompanied by Bid security, as prescribed in the Instructions to Bidders.
The Successful Bidder will be required to furnish the additional bond(s) prescribed in the Bidding Documents.
In order to perform public work, the Successful Bidder and Subcontractors prior to contract award shall hold or obtain such license as required by State statutes, and Federal and local Laws and Regulations.
Bids will not be accepted from Bidders that have been barred from competing on public works under General Municipal Law 5A-103-b.
Purchases made by the Town of Rosendale are not subject to any Federal, State or local sales tax. Bidders shall not include in their bid sales and compensating use taxes on the cost of materials. Exemption certificates will be executed upon request.
For information concerning the proposed Work, contact Jason A. Ballard, P.E., Barton & Loguidice, D.P.C., 10 Airline Drive, Suite 200, Albany, New York 12205, email@example.com.
A pre-bid conference will be held at 10 AM local time on May 13, 2021 at the Town of Rosendale Town Hall, 1915 Lucas Avenue, Cottekill, New York 12419. The Owner’s right is reserved to reject all Bids or any Bid not conforming to the intent and purpose of the Bidding Documents.
The owner’s right is reserved to reject all bids or any bids not conforming to the intent and purpose of the Bidding Documents.
Dated this 26 day of April, 2021
Town of Rosendale
END OF SECTION