Accepting applications for the position of custodial worker. This is a part time position with a starting rate of $13.00 per hour based on a 29 hour work week. Applications can be dropped off at the Rosendale Town Clerks Office located at 1915 Lucas Ave Cottekill, NY 12419 in the white tote near the Rosendale Town Clerks entrance. For inquires please call Steve Christiana at (845)-658-3159 ext 113. The job description and application can be found on the Town of Rosendale website (Townofrosendale.com) and their facebook page at Town of Rosendale Town Hall or the Town of Marbletown website which is Marbletown.net or Town of Marbletown and Community Facebook page.
JOB TITLE: Custodial Worker
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Part Time Monday – Friday
HOURS: 29 per week
SALARY: $13.00 per hour
Perform cleaning and maintenance duties for The Rondout Municipal Center
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Vacuum carpeted areas
- Dust doors, windows, desks, chairs, tables ledges,pictures etc.
- Sweep, mop floors in hallways/bathrooms. Strip and wax floors as needed
- Empty garbage containers and remove trash from building to dumpster each day or as needed.
- Clean and wash windows, doors, mirrors, glass surfaces and bathroom toilets and sinks
- Wipe down walls and woodwork
- Monitor and maintain inventories of cleaning supplies for RMC
- Report any issues as it pertains to safety, damage to facilities to Building manager
- Maintain a safe work environment and address health an safety issues as they arise
- Other duties as assigned
The custodial worker does not have any supervisory responsibilities
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
Ability to stoop, kneel, reach, stand, walk, push. pull, lift, bend,grasp and perform repetitive
motions. Ability to exert up to 30 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of
The worker is subject to both inside and outside conditions. The worker may be exposed to
unpleasant tasks such as handling garbage, soiled items and strongly unpleasant odors
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities
- This job description in no way applies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee holding this position.
Employees will be required to follow any job related instructions to perform any other job related duties as required by the Building Manager
- This job description is intended for the internal use of the Town Of Rosendale/Rondout Municipal Center.